How much does an incubator cost?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sgsf, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Sgsf

Sgsf Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    For a decent one?

2. EastinChickens

EastinChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Michigan
    I've gotten good hatches out of my Little Giant still air incubator. I got it at Tractor Supply Company for $41.99 and it can hold about 42 eggs.

I wouldn't suggest using a Hovabator brand incubator. I have had no success with Hovabator incubators.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Look on craigslist as it is getting near the end of hatching season. You can usually find a GQF fo$200 or less.

4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I have a 1588 - it works brilliantly. I have been using this model for over two years. I do hatch in an LG forced air. I do multiple hatches so I have two incubators.

I had no luck with the LG still air - the temperature spikes killed several of my hatches.

I paid about 150 for the 1588 with a turner. I know they have deals that you can buy them cheaper if you shop around.

I use a turner. I think it makes my life easier. Although I know folks don't use them and do just fine hatching.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

How many eggs you wanna hatch at once?

Brinsea has an online sale right now for a very economical 10 egg incubator, the Mini Eco. No automatic turner. $65.00 If you want an automatic turner, try the Brinsea Mini Advance, but it only holds 7 eggs. Also on sale, for $120.00 right now.

$300.00 for a 24 egg incubator, 70 bucks off regular price. Octogon 20 Advance.

I just successfully hatched 6 of 7 eggs with a Brinsea Mini Advance - and it was my very first try at incubation!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by