How much duramycin!?

Brie6895

Songster
6 Years
May 13, 2013
Magnolia Springs, AL
I picked some up today. I have 6 birds in a dog crate. Ranging between around 6-9 or 10 weeks.
My questions are:
is it ok if the other chicks who I'm not sure are sick drinks it?
How much should I use per quart of water?

What are you treating them for? If it is Duramycin-10 the dose is 1/2 tablespoonful per gallon of water, and is given 7-14 days. The dose should be on your packet to double check. If they are in there together they will probably all be exposed to whatever you are treating them for.

Well..... I have two with bubbles in their eyes. One of which has a swollen eye. The other has mucus and sneezing. I have a silkie who's eyes are crusted shut and was sneezing a few days ago and I have a d'uccle who makes a weird noise also. My silkie hasn't been eating or drinking all day and I am very concerned about her.

I also should add I have no idea where my table spoon measuring spoons are. Can you tell me how much of a regular spoon I should fill per quart? If you can't tell fractions were never my thing

I also should add I have no idea where my table spoon measuring spoons are. Can you tell me how much of a regular spoon I should fill per quart? If you can't tell fractions were never my thing
3 teaspoons = 1 Tablespoon,if you are using the dose Eggcessive gave which was 1/2 Tablespoon per gallon,then you need 1 1/2 teaspoons. Is this the information you are looking for?

Or 1/8 Tablespoon per quart or 3/8 teaspoon per quart(1/4 + 1/8 tsp)

Last edited:
Yes thank y'all!! And I found my spoons! :) and I got my baby to eat! I had to hold her as she ate because she can't see. But I am thrilled! I don't know what I would do without all of y'all out there willing to help me!

Back
Top Bottom