how much equine paste

sog1997

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 23, 2010
I've read thread after thread. Cannot locate specific dosage advise. Thank you dawg53 for sharing all your knowledge! if anyone can assist with dosage amount and method of equine paste for secondary wormer that would be much appreciated!

It's such a small amount I'll be interested in finding out how it could be dosed to an 8 lbs bird.

1.82% Ivermectin is dosed at 91 mcg per pound. For an 8 lbs bird that's only 0.0007 grams. It seems far to concentrated to dose small animals to me but I learn new things everyday and will check back later to see how it's done.

It's such a small amount I'll be interested in finding out how it could be dosed to an 8 lbs bird.

1.82% Ivermectin is dosed at 91 mcg per pound. For an 8 lbs bird that's only 0.0007 grams. It seems far to concentrated to dose small animals to me but I learn new things everyday and will check back later to see how it's done.

What equine paste are you using? Most ivermectin pastes without praziquantel contain 1.87% ivermectin only. I dont recommend ivermectin only pastes at all.

Last edited:
Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought in one of your post, ( I've read too many of yours to even guess where or when you posted it) :) , that you use safeguard equine paste as well as valbazen. Using valbazen but next time to use another so that they do not become immune to wormer

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought in one of your post, ( I've read too many of yours to even guess where or when you posted it) :) , that you use safeguard equine paste as well as valbazen. Using valbazen but next time to use another so that they do not become immune to wormer

I've used safeguard equine paste in the past, but not anymore. I use safeguard liquid goat wormer and valbazen. Liquid wormers are much easier to administer and have a quicker effect. I've used and will continue to use zimectrin gold equine paste IF my birds get tapeworms.

Back
Top Bottom