How much feed per hen to eight weeks old?

I don't really know because I keep my feeders pretty full all the time and let my birds eat whenever they want and they free range, but maybe someone on this forum might. I think I saw some posts depending on if they free range or not, but I'm not sure if it was BYC or other forums I check out. I am interested too and hope maybe some one will know and post.
idunno.gif
hu.gif
love.gif
caf.gif
thumbsup.gif

I assume that you are asking about a chick eating feed, 0 to 8 weeks.

University of Missouri Extension's info on the requirements of leghorn-type chickens (see Table 3), shows feed consumption per week at 0, 2, 4, and 6 weeks. If you add them up and double these weekly figures, you'll get about 2.5 pounds of feed per chick.

In Table 1 you'll see that broiler chicks will have finished 3,560 grams of feed by the end of week 7. That's nearly 8 pounds of feed.

Steve

I followed the link you gave above and those tables are extremely helpful to me as well. I have been concerned that I might not be feeding my hens enough. This gives me a much better idea of how much I need to give them.

Thanks!
lol.png

You are welcome, Macy . . . and you're American!
wink.png
!!

I'm confused every time I even see a metric measurement
hmm.png
. I think Google will do the conversion but here's unitconversion.org for us folks who find units of 10 just too, too much, or, too few, er, not 12 or 16 or something
roll.png

Steve

I am an America and that metric system boggles me, too. unitconversion.org is a great site as well and I am truly grateful that you told me about it.

It's going to help me alot.
jumpy.gif

Thanks again!

Macy

Back
Top Bottom