How much feed would you buy and store in advance if you could?

HensInTheForest

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
So we have large round storage bins with metal ring crank downs that seal well.
Can store grain and food in AC in summer and somewhat heated in winter as needed around 40 degrees.

I will not go crazy and buy too far in advance but how many months if you could with money nor Storage an issue would you store chicken feed?

I like to buy ahead on everything but will be conscious of mill dates. 7 to 9 months on hand across the boards for all animals Give or take. Have moisture absorbers to add to each barrel if needed.

The tags on the bags are actually from a mill 20 minutes away from here which is interesting. Love MN and our General Mills/Purina connection. The mill date in the store today is the same date from when I bought bags 2 months ago.

Purina Flock Raiser is what we will be storing.

Birds first wintering here they are 17 weeks old now so will go thru first laying season.

Thoughts from the flock of flocksters?

I thought that I had read that after 90 days nutrition goes down so that's as long as I keep. I was also told by the mill that I purchase my feed from that is about as long as you want to keep it. If that isn't true I could see myself stocking up on more.

Back
Top Bottom