How much for a white peachick?

I am so sorry, I was thinking of another breed for some reason. I apologize Haha, Anyway 300$ is an excellent price! they normally go for a bit more than that.
Nah, all good. Thank you. I wasn't really sure. We have Indian Blue but white is so rare around here. I actually haven't seen any whites for sale except for this lot. I personally would've taken them but dad reckons he doesn't want to pay 300 for one chick. I'd have to get at least 2-3 chicks so it is a fair amount. And being so young it's a lot of feed for them until they can get out to free range and won't be eating as much feed.

Your dad doesn't want you raising one chick, it's not ideal to raise only one. But, I have raised only one chick a couple times. I just had to make sure it got lots of attention. But again, If you get one of them there still is a risk of you loosing it and you don't have another one of them, If you know what I mean. But if you have no choice but to get only one remember make sure it has lots of heat. attention. and food/water.

I would worry it would mate with the Indian Blue and make some sort of strange mutt. What would those look like anyway? I've only seen a couple of white ones but they might be hard to keep clean.

Sorry, for the negativity.

I would worry it would mate with the Indian Blue and make some sort of strange mutt. What would those look like anyway? I've only seen a couple of white ones but they might be hard to keep clean.

The chicks produced from an India blue and a white would be India blue split white. They would be India blue in colour and have white flight feathers.

Your dad doesn't want you raising one chick, it's not ideal to raise only one. But, I have raised only one chick a couple times. I just had to make sure it got lots of attention. But again, If you get one of them there still is a risk of you loosing it and you don't have another one of them, If you know what I mean. But if you have no choice but to get only one remember make sure it has lots of heat. attention. and food/water.
He just doesn't want to pay 600-900 for a few peachicks. I've raised single poultry plenty of times so know how all that works.

Nope, all good. From what I've seen they'll look like the pied birds we've had a couple of times. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think keeping them clean will be too much of a problem but we'll see.
In Alberta, Canada I sell yearling white males(DNA sexed) for $200 CAD and white females (DNA sexed) for $225 CAD.
So, this person would be selling female chicks for just over $50 more converting and males even more than that.
The chicks produced from an India blue and a white would be India blue split white. They would be India blue in colour and have white flight feathers.
Would these sort of look like the pied you get from india blues then?

Back
Top Bottom