How much is your Electric Bill?

How much is your electric bill in the summer?

• Less than $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100-200

• $201-300

• $301-400

• $401-500

• $501-600

• $601-700

• $701-800

• $801-900

• $901-1000

• $1000+

• Total voters
Our 1300sq ft house is all electric and we are on budget billing at around $200 per month. That covers 7 baseboard heaters in the winter (set on average at 72) and 2 window ac units only turned on during the dog days of Ohio's summer, plus various lights, fans, appliances and computers.

My dream is to install a wind turbine.....would love to eliminate that bill all together!!!

It's not the light bill I worry about, because the water heater, stove, and dryer are all gas.

It's the propane bill I fear the most, especially in the winter
hide.gif

We have a 3200 sq. ft. house and our last bill was $120. We close all the vents upstair or downstairs, depending on the season. The thermostat gets turned to 80 while were at work/school, since we have indoor cats. During the winter we use more blankets and during the the summer we wear less clothes. It's not too bad, since everything is electric in our house and we aren't allowed to have clotheslines. The plantation shutters really help regulate the temperatures, since our "double paned" windows are a joke. They might be 3/4" thick. Our Viplex windows we had installed in our old house were about 3" thick.

We have a full electric house but when we refurbished this home we put lots of insulation and energy star appliance in. I average about 99 dollars but it does go up around christmas time because I put lights up for my enjoyment but it still only runs about 130.00. I am however very picky about what the heat and air are set at and my mother says that DH and I live in the dark lol (I use a lamp when I'm in a room instead of the overhead lights.

We run $100.- $125. year around. Total electic home, central air, heat pump, engery-star appliances.
Single, one-story 4-bedroom home.

Considering having a new metal roof put on to create an "air-space" over the shingles.

Garage and all outside lights are on a second meter. (Business expense.)

Had a line of trees as wind buffer, but just cut them down. Wife wants a new patio there.
So the electric bill may change?

Back
Top Bottom