How much milk does a Purebred Lamancha give per day?

MrsCountryChick

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
PA
I have yet to have my Registered Lamancha kid but was wondering what experience anyone has had with their Purebred Lamancha's producing?. I know it differs from goat to goat, but I was wondering how much less milk than I can expect Vs my Registered Saanen.?

I'm wondering if it would take 2 of my Lamancha girls in milk to equal the milk of my Saanen?

Whether the goat is purebred or what breed it is doesn't matter nearly as much as the lineage of the particular goat. I used to expect about three quarts a day from yearlings and at least a gallon a day from second fresheners.

Lamanchas are still good milkers. There might be a little less milk on average than a Saanen, but I doubt it'd take 2 to equal a Saanen! Diet also plays a HUGE role on milk production.

Plus, how can you resist goats like these?:

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

AWE what a cutie!!!!
clap.gif
Your Chocolate Doe looks exactly like one of ours... (Ours is named "Nestle").
smile.png

And at first I thought we wouldn't get a Lamancha goat at all cuz of the ears, but Hubby ran into lil bitty kids, tiny as your wee one there in the pic & that was it, now all our heard is Lamanchas except for my big Saanen Doe. & out of all our Lamancha goats my favorite & sweetest goat of all is my UnRegistered Doe that when she at first came to us would run & cower when you'd even come near her (animals are so forgiving from their past of idiot humans).
roll.png
Now she even stands wonderfully for her hoof care, she's so trusting of us, just took a lil while.
smile.png

My lamancha doe will be delivering on March 17...LOL...St. Patrick's Day! I'm pretty sure she's going to have twins. Last year she gave me two beautiful little bucklings. I sang to them, and rocked them on my lap. Oh my--I loved them so much but due to lack of space for younger bucklings or wethers, I had to sell them. They're in a great place with their half sister and brother. But I'm sure hoping for two does or at the very least a doe and buckling. The sire was part la mancha and I think he was part Nigerian Dwarf with elf ears. But the boys above came out with gopher ears. They look like pure breds. I've been looking for my camera to show pictures of my little guys from last year. When I find it, I'll post again. Plus I'll post if I get some good pictures of the new babies.

I'm trying to post a picture of one of my little darlings from last year. But I'm having problems. I'll keep working on it today.

As far as my own la mancha--she had her second freshening last year. She was giving a gallon of milk a day. I can't wait to see how much she gives this year. I hope it's more this year.

Back
Top Bottom