How much money?

I think i might start selling them when they start laying eggs and they will be organic raised no chemicals in the worm medicine i use apple cider viniger.what is the price difference between a rooster and a hen?
Here where I live, at my local feed store....roosters sell for 10 and started pullets sell for 12.

I can't say what I want to say without it sounding flat out wrong...so I will just say...yep it is, and they sell at this particular feed store pretty well for some reason.

Location is key.
You need to research your town/area...see what the going price is.

Location is key.
You need to research your town/area...see what the going price is.

Most definitely. In some places of the country people will pay a lot for pullets of rarer, ornamental breeds and have no interest in the common ones. In other locations people just want production birds and no part of ornamental types.

The same goes for the males. In some places people are willing to pay a decent price, in other places you can't find anyone to take them for free.

What you can sell hatching eggs, chicks or started birds for will entirely depend on your local market.

thank you, i will be selling them on this website soon.
What website?
Are you shipping these birds?

Price is what the buyer and seller agree upon.
Can depend on the local market, the need of the buyer(s)...
.... the knowledge of the buyer, I've seen some ridiculous ads for chicken-but someone bought them(it).

For any chicken breed in general but that's what I would have priced them.I mean yove raised them for multiple months bought food and paid for the early days of there life so I would put the price like I stated above but its what ever you want.

What website?
Are you shipping these birds?

Price is what the buyer and seller agree upon.
Can depend on the local market, the need of the buyer(s)...
.... the knowledge of the buyer, I've seen some ridiculous ads for chicken-but someone bought them(it).
Im selling chickens soon on backyard chickens.This site.not sure if im shipping them or not.how do people give you the money when you ship them out?

For any chicken breed in general but that's what I would have priced them.I mean yove raised them for multiple months bought food and paid for the early days of there life so I would put the price like I stated above but its what ever you want.
Thankyou.

You would have to take Paypal or some other way of online payment.

Shipping juveniles will require a shipping container that runs $15-25 plus express shipping that could cost $25-100 depending on the weight of birds plus the distance. You will have to decide if you want the hassle of shipping, and if customers are willing to pay that much for laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom