How much room do finches need?

The Farm

Songster
6 Years
Oct 16, 2013
Luther, OK
I am going to get some Zebra finches. And I would like to know how many will be comfortable in a 3ft T 2 .5 W and 4ft L?
And do you'll think I could keep them in the outside aviary alyear round? We are in OK.

I love extra space, so I would probable put only one pair in that, but I am sure two pair would fit.

As to keeping them outside where you live.....can you ask around and see if anyone does it or has tried!

You can keep finches outside year-round in aviaries built with a draft-free area, but I wouldn't recommend it in a cage -- unless you lived somewhere without frost. I'm sure there will be others who chime in and say something about keeping their birds outside year-round without a shelter just to disagree, but I can't imagine being exposed to an Oklahoma Winter will be pleasant for zebra finches without a draft-free shelter, and probably some supplemental heat.

:)

You can keep finches outside year-round in aviaries built with a draft-free area, but I wouldn't recommend it in a cage -- unless you lived somewhere without frost. I'm sure there will be others who chime in and say something about keeping their birds outside year-round without a shelter just to disagree, but I can't imagine being exposed to an Oklahoma Winter will be pleasant for zebra finches without a draft-free shelter, and probably some supplemental heat.

:)
Okay thanks I made the aviary 6 ft long 2.5 wide an 3 ft tall. How many do you think I can fit in there in and them be comfortable???

Back
Top Bottom