How much should i charge?

BantyHugger

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Ponder
I have breeding Pekins that hatch out a few times a year. What should i charge per duckling? I sell to my feed store right now for 2.50 a duck. Is this too low? I don't want to put him out of business. i know hatcheries give discounts so i figured that had to be close to what he pays for Ideal Ducklings.

Hmm that's a good question...I sell day old rouens for $3 and have been told it's crazy cheap, but atleast they SELL and I am not stuck with tons of ducklings I don't need. I don't think $2.50 is bad if you're doing day olds as you aren't out any feed. If they're older than that...we'll that's a different story...
Kristi

Last edited:
Quote:
Our Feed store sells for $4 each. I Figure $1.50 profit is good for him. Also he always has a waiting list for Pekins so they don't sit around the store.
smile.png

Jayare's Chicks :

Will your feed store let you put up a flyer to advertize the ducks? If so you could cut out the middle man and sell them yourself for the same $4.00.

Jayare

Good Idea!
big_smile.png
I'll ask. If No one wants them from me I'll sell them to him and then surely someone will get them.​

I recently sold some Pekin ducklings for $4 each. The lady that came and bought them all thought that was cheap and was thrilled. She drove 2 hours to get them!

Back
Top Bottom