how much should i sell them for?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by silkielover5, Nov 26, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    so in the spring im getting all new silkies and showgirls so sadly my current ones are going to have to go. im thinking of selling this white pair for $25 at my 4h auction. Dipsey my hen is dirty i can not keep her clean and I dont even know how she gets dirty!!! i gave up on trying but this pair came from a breeder and their about 2 years old and looks pretty good they have correct feet and feathering...idk i might even keep her but the white pair i have 5 chicks from that are 5 months old right now and they look good, 3 already have nice full crests but 2 of the 5 have shredded wings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this black rooster is 5 months old he came from a hatchery looks good but has some leakage in his hackels and not a very large crest. his hen is about 5 years old also from a hatchery and doesnt look great. funny toes and very bad crest im thinking about doing this pair for $10 or $15 starting bid
    tell me your opinions i know their not good pictures but i dont have good pictures of them on my computor and its dark
    tomarrow ill get pictures of their babys and of the black hen

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    $20-$25 is a fair price for the white ones.

I'd say given the history for the black ones and how old they are, you'd have a hard time giving them away in most areas.

But there are some folks who like to eat silkie meat so you could advertise them for food and get perhaps $5

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by