how much space need 3-4 Muscovy Ducks?

What kind of predators do you have? What kind do you think could get through that? There are also the hog panels that have the holes closer together but they are not 4 feet tall, more like 3 feet I think. They would be stronger maybe but it would take more of them. I'm not sure what they cost but I think the cattle panels are around $20 each. I would still fence a good sized area around where I put the coop in electric for free ranging. An electric fence or poultry netting takes care of most predators, not all but most.

Well, Racoons, skunks, coyote, wolves, bear, mountain lion, hawks, owls, possums, mink etc..

It's just the gapping i worry about while smaller wire will take it down, if it's not attached super securely than a pred could grab... obviously not all can do that in my list just again, thinking of angles so to speak.

They are a neat design, just i am a major worrier for overnights due to my pred list.

Last edited:
Well, Racoons, skunks, coyote, wolves, bear, mountain lion, hawks, owls, possums, mink etc..

It's just the gapping i worry about while smaller wire will take it down, if it's not attached super securely than a pred could grab... obviously not all can do that in my list just again, thinking of angles so to speak.

They are a neat design, just i am a major worrier for overnights due to my pred list.

If made correctly the only one I would really worry about is the bear. That's where the electric would come in. How do you protect your animals from all those predators now? Where I live the worst predator I have is dogs.

Last edited:
If made correctly the only one I would really worry about is the bear. That's where the electric would come in. How do you protect your animals from all those predators now? Where I live the worst predator I have is dogs.

Raccoons and even foxes are great at ripping wire. Anyways, i lock all birds in housing overnight i wouldn't trust a pen here at all.

Raccoons and even foxes are great at ripping wire. Anyways, i lock all birds in housing overnight i wouldn't trust a pen here at all.

You're so right, and I've seen skunks squeeze through 2"x4" welded wire... I also read that a raccoon can squeeze through a 4"x4" hole, but I don't know how true that is.

-Kathy

Yep, of course we all have to be the judge of what will or won't work in our own situation. If my dogs didn't guard thiings around my house I would probably be up the creek, especially with night time predators.

Back
Top Bottom