1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much to ask for two mix bred ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    How much should I ask for two mix bred ducklings? Im not really sure on sexes, but I THINK its a pair (1 male 1 female) their voices havnt come in well yet. Is $9 for the two of them to much?! Thanks in advance! BTW they are khaki rouen crosses, moms were GREAT layers. (their moms were the khakis)

2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    $9 Sounds about right for 2 in my area. People around here try to get $15 for mixed male ducks... Depending on how old they were I would put them for $10-$15 for the 2, You can always go down but not up....

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Pure breds go for about $15 for a laying duck. And $8 for a pure bred drake. SQ is about $10 higher. Im pretty sure I have a male and a female but they are only 1 and a half months old, so not sure. Im just hopeing they go as pets. They are two of my favorite ducks, so I hope they get a good home [​IMG]

4. EggsForIHOP

EggsForIHOP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    For all the feed and time and love you have put into it...and to get a good "pet home"...I'd vote price a tad high, and advertise them as well socialized (which I assume they are because from reading your posts you LOVE your duckies [​IMG] )....if they really are well behaved and friendly, that makes ALL the difference in the world I know for pet people...

I'd say start at $15 for the pair since they are so old already - and that leaves you able to come down...go too low and everyone that shows up will only be there to eat them I can almost promise it (happens here all the time with my baby goats each spring).

Good luck finding them a good home!

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Great idea. These are two of my favorites. So im trying to find pet homes. I love them all so much I wish I could keep them. But I just cant. I put much love/care into them I would just hate for them to go to a table [​IMG] they are very social duckies since I hand raised them and hatched them myself [​IMG]

I just put the ad up. Hope I can rehome them before march [​IMG]

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I sell day old mixed ducklings for $5-$6 each

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by