How much to charge for a 11-week NHR pullet?

mlheran

Songster
12 Years
Mar 21, 2007
Sonoma County, California
I'm thinning my mixed flock a little and the NHR is the odd one out.
tongue.png
I have an offer to buy her (was going to take her to the local feed store), but I have no clue what to ask (having never bought a grown chicken).

I'm in the CA Bay Area, bought her as a day-old chick for $2, and she's a nice big pullet now. I'd have to meet the buyer half-way (about 40 miles), so I'm not sure it would be worth it. How much do you think I should ask? $10? Would it be worth it for either of us?
hu.gif
I'm glad there's interest in her, but I'd rather not have to have her cooped up in travel that long. Hmmm...

Have you ever bought started pullets? If so, how much -and did you go a great distance for them? Any thoughts appreciated!

I've sold lots of started pullets. I like to buy orders form MM and then keep the best and sell what I don't like. It's a good way to try new breeds and learn what sort of characteristics you want in your birds. I'm always adding and subtracting from my flock! Anyway:

Usually I ask btw $8 and $15 depending on the breed. I had people purchase barred rocks from me 2 years ago, and they drove 2 1/2 hours to get here and I sold them 2 16 week pullets for $10 each. I've never delivered any of my birds, I drive a SUV and I like to drive as little as possible. If people want her bad enough they will travel. $10 is a good price.

Thanks for the input!
smile.png

I think I'm just going to take her to the feed store. They'll only give my $5-8, but I can get some feed and supplies with it. Plus the feed store's only 12 miles away!

It's a lot of fun having different breeds -I wish I could keep them all though!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom