How Much to Feed Per Bird?

The Amazon feed ports are the absolute way to go. They are cheap, good quality and come with a hole saw. You can have 4 feeders with 16 total ports for about $50.

I don't use food safe buckets. you need time and or liquid to leach chemicals. I have so many birds that i fill
The buckets once a week. But if you wanted to use those, cost would go up significantly.
Yeah I made those for my other coop, I've just been practicing restraint when it comes to purchasing something I have, or something that i have that'll do the same job...(only it's not the same 🤣🤣)

I fill my others once every 1.5wks or so...

The Amazon feed ports are the absolute way to go. They are cheap, good quality and come with a hole saw. You can have 4 feeders with 16 total ports for about $50.

I don't use food safe buckets. you need time and or liquid to leach chemicals. I have so many birds that i fill
The buckets once a week. But if you wanted to use those, cost would go up significantly.
How many birds do you have? Looks like two waterers and two feeders? I’ve been considering this style though also love the pvc pipe way too for rain capture for water with option to refill it with nipples and for their food with each bird having a hole to feed out of so no squabbles. Love to hear your/anyone’s thoughts on both systems. Thank is for reading!

On average a full grown hen should eat 3/4 cup worth of pelleted or crumbled feed per day.

Measure out 3/4 cup worth of feed x how many birds you have.

Back
Top Bottom