How much to sell for a pair of seramas? **PIC**

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by theron, Jan 21, 2011.

1. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    I would like to know how much i could sell this pair of seramas for? I was thinking maybe $15. They are between 5 & 6 months old. Thanks

[​IMG]
    this picture of the actual pullet for sale is the latest one I have of them. Rooster is in the background and i don't have a good picture of him. I try to get one tomorrow.

2. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    $15 is a pretty low price for that age birds if they both look good, can't see the rooster. Also consider their parentage, where did their parents come from or the eggs?

Are you selling them locally or willing to ship them? I would think you could get anywhere from $25- $50 for a pair that age. Depends on the market really.

I am sending you a PM also.

3. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree... If you sell them as a pair, then $25-$30 bucks... also depends on what class they are, and if they can be show birds.. Just for pets.. 25-30 easy

4. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    i say $70 and drop the price slowly [​IMG] i did that with myn [​IMG]

5. theron

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    holy smokes! $25 - 30 for this pair!?!?! I must be used to the poultry shows I go to cause I sold the same exact aged seramas before winter for $5 ea. But I guess people at the shows are just trying to get rid of their birds.
    BTW: I am 99% positive that this pair is not showable as of now. Once they fill out some more, they might do decent at small shows and do very well for showmanship because they are very friendly.

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    You should plan on bringing birds to Chickenstock in June.

7. theron

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    where is the chickenstock? can you sell more than chickens there? If I go, I would like to be able to sell some chickens, ducks, and geese.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by