How much vitamin b complex supplement to give to chicken?

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
One of my chickens is having neurological issues and I'm currently treating her with vitamin e but I'm also going to try vitamin b. I'm going to use a human supplement since I don't know if I can find one meant for poultry locally. How much should I give her and is overdose dangerous?

B vitamins are water-soluble and therefore are extremely hard to overdose. You can use 1/4 of a B complex tablet, or give her a few drops of a Liquid Cattle B Complex for cattle. Either will work, just ensure one of the ingredients contain thiamine (B1), which is especially important for neurological health. Also, if you go with the tablets, ensure it's not labeled as flush-free, or time extended, you want strickly plain capsules.

B vitamins are water-soluble and therefore are extremely hard to overdose. You can use 1/4 of a B complex tablet, or give her a few drops of a Liquid Cattle B Complex for cattle. Either will work, just ensure one of the ingredients contain thiamine (B1), which is especially important for neurological health. Also, if you go with the tablets, ensure it's not labeled as flush-free, or time extneded, you want strickly plain capsules.
Thank you!

Thank you!
thank for the Liquid cattle Vit B complex idea - u said a few drops.. should i do it daily for a few weeks? see if improvement... she falls forward if she walks to fast (like losing balance?), or has to jump up or down to a spot (even if it's only 3 /4 inches she will fall forward)

Back
Top Bottom