how much?

Pure breeds I'd say 3$ or 3.50 thats what I would charge. Cause they are 2 bucks or more at the feed store charges for day olds.

Arklady

Last edited:
I would say it depends on their quality and if they are sexed. Females are generally more valuable, unless someone is really looking for a rooster in that breed. If they are hatchery quality, then probably not as valuable as birds bred for show.

We generally start our birds at $2-4 for day olds and raise it by 50 cents per week for care. However, depending on sex and quality, the price could go higher. I get anywhere from $5-10 for 5wk old pullets...sometimes cockerels too.

Our feed store has hatchery stock and sells them for about $4 for day olds and they're common breeds..

Too many variables to say for sure. Pics may help.

Jody

Thanks so much! 4Hmom actually has them but my husband's boss wants them. They aren't sexed but one is for sure a mille fleur duccle. Oh and one, if not, two are something brassy back.

Last edited:
I sell mine at 2-3 months, sexed, for $5 for cockerels and $7 for pullets. The oegb, at least, is preeetty easily sexed by 6 weeks. The girls generally have less color and the boys will be growing their redder bigger comb and showing their waddles. The other breeds, I dunno.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom