How much

I'm in a different part of the country, but I had people tripping over each other to buy Lavender Orpingtons. Suburban chicken keepers in particular seem to love having "unique" or at least fun colors in their flocks.

Chicks can be hard to sell because people usually want females. I did manage to sell straight run chicks at ~$7/each, but it took a couple of weeks to get 20 chicks gone so I was afraid I'd get stuck with boys.

I've sold Lavender Orrington pullets and hens at $20/each with no problems. The better the feather condition, the easier the sale. I even had Lavender Orpington roosters sell without too much trouble (can't remember price off hand, but something like $8-10).

I personally wasn't a fan of them. They're pretty, but ours were very flighty. They never did seem to calm down about people being around them. Meanwhile, I had Delawares raised exactly the same way that wanted to basically climb in your pocket to see what you were doing.
I was thinking the same about the prices for the orpington. I had two blr wyandottes that I didn't have room for. One was a rooster and was very handsome sold for $25 and the hen for $40.

3-5$ for anything lavender colored around my area might as well give them away. Did my own research lavender wyandotte are very rare coloration and worth a considerable amount more money. Thank you all for the responses

They are worth what someone will pay for them, neither more nor less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom