how much?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by animalloverabh, Jun 26, 2010.

1. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

how much do people sell peachicks from day old to a week?
    im asking because my snowy peahen is sitting in some of hers and her sisters eggs ( her sister is Indian blue ) and i wanted to sell some when they hatched.

2. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Price depends on your location... if your in an area with LOTS of breeders... they dont go for much... if your in an area with only 1 breeder... the can be costly...

Just as an example... In a 40 mile radius, I only know of 4 or 5 breeders of peafowl. Indian blue chicks from 2 people were $30 to $35 bucks... From the other 3, some Indian blue chicks were being sold for $75. It all depends.

Price does not guarantee status... Id stick in the $35 dollar price range for week old chicks... provided there Indian Blues.. At least thats the market in my area.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  3. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    yep see IB day to week olds for $8-$20 on average much over that is a little high for plain blues
    whites (not snowies by the way) yes $25- $35 is decent
    what was the male they were bred to? That can make a difference too. If he was a blue, then all will be blue, split to white on the one girls case

4. animalloverabh

um well i have one Indian blue boy and one with black shoulders, so i dont know whose the dad.

i got a yellow peachick a few years ago, but he was weak and died in a few weeks, what color would he have been?

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Blackshoulder peachicks hatch out yellow with cream colors feathers. so sounds like your was a BS.

6. animalloverabh

ok , how much would he have been if i sold him healthy

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Blackshoulder come in many colors, now blue BS sell for about the same as blues........

pic of BS chick

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by