How much

Hello

Most people have food out all the time. Chickens don't usually eat all at once... They graze. So when they are hungry they will get food. If It were me I would like to eat whenever I was hungry... Then you know that they are getting enough. Chickens getting fat is a rare thing if they have room to walk around. There metabolism is very good. Hope this helps :)

Good luck to you and your chickies

Sincerely,
BeautifulJade
1f414.png
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f424.png

They gobble up everything I give them in a matter of minutes and act like they are starving when I get out their food

A production hen will eat between 1/4 to 1/3 pounds of feed a day. So with your 8 they should be eating at least 1 pound a day. When you ration feed, of course they will act hungry when you feed them they want to make sure they get their share before its gone.

Slipped a gear there. Two pounds for eight birds is about the amount they will eat of feed. If you allow for other foods the amount of bought feed will be less. I think that amount is figured to be the right amount of nutrition and calories for them to be healthy and productive.

Back
Top Bottom