How often do I change out bedding?

I do fifteen minutes of room service every day, picking up poops, changing water and fluffing bedding. Every few days I add in some more fresh bedding. If it starts to smell at all like ammonia, I replace it, and I do not have to do that more than twice a month.

Okay there is no straw available for sale we can find so we will probably change it once mer this month because my ducks don't go outside but it doesn't get too bad in there.

Okay and for anyone wondering I got a heat lamp because they were very cold. I know u all said they will be okay but they all huddle under it at night so they must be cold.

Okay and for anyone wondering I got a heat lamp because they were very cold. I know u all said they will be okay but they all huddle under it at night so they must be cold.
Just make sure it's secure so they can't accidentally knock it off and start a fire we had a member last year who lost all her animals and barn because of a fire, I can still see the pics.
sad.png

And high enough to just warm them but not over heat them which can cause health issues.
your a great duck mama or daddy depending on if boy or girl which I don't know. lol

Last edited:
Haha thanks I hope my ducks think i'm a great mom too! And we made sure it is secure we used the clip provided and then even mailed it. My mom make me check twice a day to see if it is secure. Then it is 48 inches above their wingspan so they can't hit it or so it can't overheat.

Haha thanks I hope my ducks think i'm a great mom too! And we made sure it is secure we used the clip provided and then even mailed it. My mom make me check twice a day to see if it is secure. Then it is 48 inches above their wingspan so they can't hit it or so it can't overheat.
You are a very good duck Mama.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom