How often do I let my babies swim? New bath pics! pg 2

New bath pics!!

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

PICT0308.jpg

And a new pic of the other babies. They haven't had a real bath yet, but when they do I will get some pics!

PICT0311.jpg

We brooded 3 Pekins last May, and are expecting another order next month (of ducks AND geese-- can't wait!)

Our ducks swam every day. We brooded them in our guest bathroom tub, and every day, we filled the master bathroom tub with a few inches of water and let them have a swim while we cleaned out the brooder tub.

We dried them off real well after they were done, and they went back into their clean brooder tub (which they promptly made a hellatious mess of, but that's ducks for you!)

gig.gif
And I thought I was the only idiot (happy idiot at that) to walk the geese in the house, pick them up, sit them in the bathtub for a winter bath!!!!!!!!!! WaaaaaaaaaaHaaaHaaaHaaaaa haaaa!!
gig.gif

(I was a teenager at that point so its many years gone by, but super pictures guys! Thanks for the memories and laugh)

Quote:
Oh I know!! And they are so funny! Whenever I get them out of their box to clean it they think it's bath time! They start waddling and peeping to go to the bathroom!
It's funny how they feather out though. Nothing like chickens! Their wings seem to be the last thing getting feathers. And I don't really see that many feathers, it just seems like they aren't as yellow as they used to be!
big_smile.png

And for sure at least one of them is female, she has been trying to quack since she was 2 weeks old! Good to know that they start that early! The other one is still just peeping, so I'm thinking it's a boy. So looks like now I have 3 pairs of pekins!!
th.gif
I'm kinda getting more ducks, but more drakes too! Hopefully the cayuga babies are mostly girls! There are a couple that are very vocal, so we'll see on those!

Mojo Chick'n :

You do know, Shelley, that you are torturing me with baby duck pics?

I'm gonna have a hard time waiting until March for ducklings.

sad.png

meri

hugs.gif
Sorry!! I'll look for some for you tomorrow!​

Back
Top Bottom