How Often Do Roosters Crow?

newchck

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Midwest
Hi all! Our roo William (we have had him for exactly a week now) is such a great rooster! He has adjusted well to life with our hens, and they like him as well. I have never had a rooster before, and in the morning he crows all.the.time. I mean sometimes 5 times in one minute. He starts at 6:10 in the morning (it doesn't get light out here until 7:30) Luckily he quiets down after the morning is over! We are not upset by it, nor are we going to stop him from crowing. I am simply just curious if this is fairly normal or if he is just a vocal guy. Thanks!

Hi all! Our roo William (we have had him for exactly a week now) is such a great rooster! He has adjusted well to life with our hens, and they like him as well. I have never had a rooster before, and in the morning he crows all.the.time. I mean sometimes 5 times in one minute. He starts at 6:10 in the morning (it doesn't get light out here until 7:30) Luckily he quiets down after the morning is over! We are not upset by it, nor are we going to stop him from crowing. I am simply just curious if this is fairly normal or if he is just a vocal guy. Thanks!
It's normal for him.
Some boys only crow a few times in the morning and they're done. Morning to them is when they can see UV light. We can only see visible light.
Some boys crow all day, some throughout the night.
It depends on the rooster.

Yep! He's his own rooster. My roo Picotee crows all the dang time, but more frequently in the morning and in the evening.

I've known folks whose roosters only crow a couple of times a day. I'm jealous of them.
Yes, we wish he would wait until a little later, but hey, maybe now we will become morning people!

My neighbor came by yesterday. My rooster went off, and he said, "What was that screeching?!" My roo, Picotee, screeches. It's pretty bad. 😂

But he is purdy...
20210213_155930.jpg

Its different for the individual rooster, mine never crows past 6:30pm but loves to crow as early as 4:30 (and that's just when i've heard it the earliest, could be even earlier)
Our boy starts around 5:30, but thank goodness like yours ours is not an evening time crower! Luckily we have learned to sleep through it :)

Back
Top Bottom