How often do you add water in lockdown?!

Jun 14, 2020
Hi!
I have a brinsea eco manual incubator. So I’m finally on lockdown, how often do you add water??

i can see there is an external bit where you can add water too, so I’ve filled up the inside and this external one. Is that too much? How long will this amount last?

so so nervous!!

Thank you! Well I won’t add anymore til I see it disappear

Attachments

• E97C0DA6-2C62-44CA-B0E4-F60800DB803F.jpeg
    E97C0DA6-2C62-44CA-B0E4-F60800DB803F.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 6
So I don’t have anything to measure humidity. After 13 hours in lockdown, I noticed not much water in the middle compartment, I quickly opened it and add water. Would I need to keep doing this every time I can see there isn’t enough water?

So I don’t have anything to measure humidity. After 13 hours in lockdown, I noticed not much water in the middle compartment, I quickly opened it and add water. Would I need to keep doing this every time I can see there isn’t enough water?
The humidity won't drop drastically, unless the humidity is very low in your house. The humidity in your house also effects the humidity in your incubator.

Well I just realised that I’ve actually shouldn’t have put the incubator in the kitchen, it’s away from drafts and heat but I am getting nervous.

day 19 just started...

You should have gotten a hygrometer and temp gauge to know for sure if your humidity/temp is stabilizing. It's peace of mind during lockdown.

I add when the water wells go below half full in my nurture right. But having a hygrometer in the incubator to keep an eye on humidity is recommended, like Tonyroo said.

Too late for me to order one now. I have a brinsea eco incubator, says to add water in the external part and the lid doesn’t need to be open. So so nervous! Day 20 will begin early evening

Back
Top Bottom