how often do you collect eggs?

Quote:
Wow you had me scared.
ep.gif
That first sentence that led me to believe you were pregnant 3 times a day!!!
lau.gif
Love your avatar,got a green version in the driveway.

Back to the OP, 2-4 times a day pending how the girls COOPerate.

Last edited:
I check the nest boxes when I let my ladies out at 6:15 a.m.. I have three who consistently leave me eggs by then. I don't check again till about 3:00 p.m. There are usually five there then. On Sunday I let them out into the yard to range at around 7 and only got four eggs that day. I think the others layed theirs in the yard somewhere.
sad.png

Quote:
This week and next week I am too!

We collect eggs daily, or our EE will break and eat them. We also check around in the corners and under the broody's, so we don't accidentally let anybody hatch new chicks. They hide their eggs under litter and feathers until they have enough, then they move their clutch under a broody. They're clever that way.

Actually, each chicken can vary in their egg-laying routine, so once you get used to the peculiarities of your flock, you'll know how often and when to go.

I personally check twice a day if my DH isn't at home during the day (his reward for being between jobs currently is chicken-sitting
tongue.png
).

I normally check at 8am (most of my girls lay by then), and then if I don't get the same number of eggs as chickens, I'll check when I get home in the evening too.

My birds do not currently follow the 25 to 28 hour cycle, and don't seem to have their dayplanners straight
barnie.gif

Quote:
Wow you had me scared.
ep.gif
That first sentence that led me to believe you were pregnant 3 times a day!!!
lau.gif
Love your avatar,got a green version in the driveway.

Back to the OP, 2-4 times a day pending how the girls COOPerate.

Ha ha ha! I forgot my comma I'll go fix that
wink.png

This is our 5th!
Green is nice
wink.png
I told DH when we got ours that I didn't want a white one! He let's me for the most part, pick out our trucks
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom