How often do you get new birds?

Pics
I GET VERY ATTACHED,,I STARTED ONE YEAR AGO THIS MONTH....i have a question about some feed i have medicated that i bought for some silkies the didnt make it past 4 days...so now i have all this feed...i have three 7 wk old buff orpingtons and two 12 week old silver laced wyandottes all 5 are on starter grow feed...is it too late to mix some medicated feed in the feeders for them to finish up the medicated feed.....i was heartbroken when my 2 silkies died,,,,and im not ready to take on any new babies at the moment
well that is not a problem anymore, just got 4 brand new babies today....2 silkie, 1 frizzle and a crested polish...so i will be able to use all my medicated feed....pray these little guys do well....i hate to be heart broken.....so in 1 yr i started with 8 and i have 21 now....that will be it for a while......

I'm not really into chickens for the money, and i like to have fun. I order new chicks every spring. You can sell year old laying hens for a good amount of money, since they still lay well, and use the money to buy more chicks! That way you always have tons of eggs, because you have pullets. Just as long as you keep enough to lay for you while the chicks are growing. I just got mine. Most of them are bantams, but some of them are standard chicks:
View attachment 1694113

These are adorable! I've always wanted bantams- I haven't gotten any yet because I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to process the boys, and people where I live don't want them. Chick envy! :)

Back
Top Bottom