HOw often is the order wrong??

Chicken Paradise

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Central Missouri
I hope this is the proper place to post this; I was wondering how often a hatchery messes up the order? I suspect I did not get the birds I ordered, but this is only my 3rd time ordering; I have never used Estes before, had good luck with cackle in the past.

Is this a rare occurance?

Depends on the hatchery. For some it's not all that rare, for others very. If their custoemr service is any good you should be able to email them pics of the chicks and get a yes or no conformation of any error from them.

Thsi is NOT against Estes. I've not ordered from them so I dont' know anythign about their quality, but ne aware the quality of a hatcheries breeding will affect the appearance of their birds. My aunts last order from a major hatchery got her 25 birds that were obvious crosses with the breed she wanted. She was mad and complainted with a very negative respose form the hatchery. She ended up treating the birds as meatiies instead of layers and is re-ordering from another hatchery. Sorry I don't have pics to share but it was soooo obvious it was sad.

I have some mystery chicks in my recent order that do not look anything like what I ordered...they do not even look like the usual packing p-nuts...odd looking little fellows...will be able to tell more later but this is not the first time this has happened...last year I order Welsummers from a hatchery and got Brown Leghorns instead...go figger...

Back
Top Bottom