How old are my peachicks ??

Finally could upload the pictures :) , Are the Pied 5 or 6 moths old ? And I just bought the white ones last Saturday and he said they're 5 moths old ,Kathy
what do you think

How big are the holes in the chainlink? Also, I'm no expert, but I think most peas don't start laying until April, so the earliest that chicks would hatch would be May or later. Of course it is possible that they did hatch in February or March, but that would be considered unusual in the Northern Hemisphere.

Last year, when mine were four months old they weighed around 4 pounds, but they had been sick, so I don't know how much that affected their weight gain.

-Kathy

I measured them and they're 24" inches long from head to tail and the chain lynk fence holes are around 2x2
Pretty babies.
I would wrap that pen in hardware cloth, coons work in pairs and groups alot of times, one will spook the birds and the other will go around and grab the first bird that gets near the fence and pull it's head clean off or leg. Just sayen
course if ya got good dogs it ain't nothing to worry about sept mabe a snake stealing your eggs.

Thanks zazouse ,yes we have 2 big dogs a female German sheperd and a Great Pyrenees and the coops are by my oldest son's window ;) but my dogs won't let any predator to get close to my property

Back
Top Bottom