How old are these ducks?

Ducks grow faster than chickens, but there feathers come in slower. My guess is a week, but it is hard to judge size on A pic. You are correct about hatchery ducks having variations like Bill color in the same breed. Watch to see if the duckling in back continues to walk more upright than the others. That would indicate runner. Also Pekins will soon be larger than most other breeds.

It's not just the lighting...the one I believe is a runner is standing like a runner. More pictures could be helpful.
#1(possible runner)
IMG_20210302_150110.jpg

IMG_20210302_150503.jpg

IMG_20210302_150248.jpg

A video from today.
The lady who sold me them said the one with the pale bill was the buff duck, was she wrong? I've been given the wrong breeds before.
Also, are buff ducks and buff orpington ducks different breeds or just the shortening of the name?

Video
The ducklings will be 1 month tomorrow. The pale brown billed duck doesn't seem to be walking more upright than the others. The feed store I got them from claimed they only had Pekin and buffs. Although if I did end up with a runner that seems like quite the mistake on the hatchery's part. I've never had that happen (breed wise), I wonder just how often that happens?

Back
Top Bottom