How old do I really look??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Squishy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    So... I was sitting in the barn today... more specifically in the tack room on top of a very comfy bale of hay (2nd off the ground), reading my book (fiction).

In walks someone I hadn't met before from the door to the parking area... we say hi, exchange names... then he says "Hey, that looks like a great spot for doing homework!" and I say.. "Oh it's just a book. Thankfully I'm a long time out of school." (Not adequate to explain I'm too old for homework, LOL).. and he walks out the other door into the barn.

I shrug and go back to my book.... and the outside door to the parking area opens again and in comes a lady... the fellers wife.. and we say hi and exchange names and horse colors, LOL... and then she says "Doing some homework?" and I kind of guffawed and then said "No, no... its a book!" and she said "Oh... Literature! Good for you!" and walks out the door into the barn [​IMG]

Really? Don't get me wrong, I'm not insulted, will likely take such incidents as a compliment someday soon [​IMG] . I'm just a little flumoxed. I told my mother about it when I came home, and she said exactly what I'm thinking... "How old did you look to them?" [​IMG]

So... as much as I hate to post my picture online... I have just got to know... How old do my BYC friends think I look?

This photo was taken 10 days ago... similar outfit as today.. just without the squinting from the sun, or the smiling part [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

From what I see, I say anywhere from 16-21.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Mid-20's....

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I would have said mid- late twenties also. Maybe they thought college?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. debilorrah

Gawd I am old. Everyone looks 16-21 to me anymore.

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I am not going to try a guess as I have a daughter that is 30 and looks like she is still in her teens. By the way I love it when someone says I dont look my age. But when you are 52 and someone says you look like you are in your 30's that makes my day.

7. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:I'm with Debi.

8. debilorrah

Quote:Amen to that. Everyone mistakes my age spots for freckles. I'll take it.

9. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Quote:X2.

10. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    mid 20's

and people of all ages do homework, so you shouldn't just automatically think that they think you are in high school. I will be 26 in October and I am doing homework right now. Not to mention I have 3-4 more years of school! I think it is just that a lot of people don't think about other people reading an ACTUAL book unless it is assigned for some reason. Most books are movies or are available through some type of electronic device - people who read actual books are probably a minority! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by