How old do my baby Bantam chicks need to be to be moved from the brooder to outside?

Fwoof

Crowing
Jun 13, 2022
I have four baby Bantams. The oldest is one month old and the youngest is three weeks old. The oldest one is nearly ready to go into the baby coop (The baby coop is designed for baby chicks to get used to the outside world while the other chickens can't get to them), but the littler ones still have their down and get cold easily. But the main reason I'm worrying, is beacause all four are insepparable and cry whenever one of their friends is missing. Should I leave the oldest in the brooder, even though he's ready to go, until the little ones come of age? Or should I put them all in their coop now and figure somerthing out to keep the little chicks warm?

I just moved them into the coop. The tempature is getting higher and the sun's coming in, but they're crying. What do I do?

Can you provide a heat source outside? So those that have less covering can keep warm.

For the first week our bantams went outside during the day and back in the house at night but without heat. They have gotten on very well.

Can you provide a heat source outside? So those that have less covering can keep warm.

For the first week our bantams went outside during the day and back in the house at night but without heat. They have gotten on very well.
We have a heat lamp and a coop for them to sleep in! They keep on forgetting where their coop is at night and cry, though.
Ps. What kind of chick is that in your avatar? It looks exactly like my oldest one!

We have a heat lamp and a coop for them to sleep in! They keep on forgetting where their coop is at night and cry, though.
Ps. What kind of chick is that in your avatar? It looks exactly like my oldest one!

It's our Pekin/Cochin bantam. He's an awesome chick!

We had fun trying to get them in the coop for several nights before they got it and they cried I felt awful but after a few nights they went inside without my help and didn't cry.

It's our Pekin/Cochin bantam. He's an awesome chick!

We had fun trying to get them in the coop for several nights before they got it and they cried I felt awful but after a few nights they went inside without my help and didn't cry.
He's adorable! We don't have a Pekin or a Cochin in our flock, but they look oddly similar.

Back
Top Bottom