1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How old do you think I could be?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by flockandgarden, Sep 4, 2013.

1. flockandgarden

flockandgarden Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2011
    Connecticut
    I was given a nigerian dwarf baby. He is papered but I don't know his age can anyone guess?

[​IMG]

2. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    He is definitely young...Wouldn't the DOB be on the papers? Weird... Looks like mine did around 1 - 2 months old.

[​IMG]

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

you have to look at his teeth

or you could see if there is a date of birth on his papers, assuming they are registry papers

4. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    That's true. They do get teeth in around 5 weeks old, but nothing really else until about a year. You could at least determine older/younger than 5 weeks....

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Also, I don't see any horns starting, or maybe the baby goat is already disbudded or is naturally hornless. Horns will show above the hair somewhere around 4 to 6 weeks.

BTW both baby goats are very cute [​IMG]

6. Goat Lover 3

Goat Lover 3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2013
    I would say he's about 2 or 3 months old! That's about what my 3 pygmy goats looked like when they were about that age. He will be a lot of fun and work! Enjoy him! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by