How old is your oldest Hen or Roo?

Heat

Songster
8 Years
Aug 24, 2011
Washington
I just acquired my moms flock of chickens which include 8 Hens and a Roo. Stellar (the Roo) is 7 years old. All but 2 of the hens are also 7, the other two are 5 years old.

How old do chickens tend to live before dying of natural causes (any breeds seem to live longer than others)?

How old is YOUR oldest Hen or Roo?

(Here is my handsome Roo Mr. Stellar)

My oldest Rooster is 9:

My oldest hens are 7. They are both ex batts.:
Babs:

Ginger:

Last edited:
I'm sorry you lost your 9 year old rooster, Johnn. He sure did live a long life in a beautiful place. It is also wonderful to read that ex-bats can live so long.

Oh, I just realized that was old Rocky. You posted a striking photo of him last week after he passed.

Last edited:
:( I am so sorry to hear that.
I'm sure he had a wonderful long life.

I'm sorry you lost your 9 year old rooster, Johnn. He sure did live a long life in a beautiful place. It is also wonderful to read that ex-bats can live so long.

Oh, I just realized that was old Rocky. You posted a striking photo of him last week after he passed.
Thank you both! And Ginger is REALLY missing him, she is quite depressed and HATES the other cockerel but she doesn't need to worry because he is being culled on Thursday because he has been aggressive towards me for months and he is just getting worse and worse.

Back
Top Bottom