How quickly can chicken lice spread

Cwat2006

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
Hey guys today we brought home a lovely isa brown rooster but unfortunately I quickly realised he has lice he was only with the girls for about 30 mins until I blocked him of and moved him into a seperate caged in area as well as dusting him of with pestene powder I’ll be keeping him in there until I know he’s definitely free of lice but was just curious should I dust my girls of as well and what are the best and quickest ways on getting rid of lice

Make sure you treat weekly for a few weeks:
Screenshot_20210206-221958.png
Screenshot_20210206-221938.png

Hey guys today we brought home a lovely isa brown rooster but unfortunately I quickly realised he has lice he was only with the girls for about 30 mins until I blocked him of and moved him into a seperate caged in area as well as dusting him of with pestene powder I’ll be keeping him in there until I know he’s definitely free of lice but was just curious should I dust my girls of as well and what are the best and quickest ways on getting rid of lice
Oh, I hate lice! Quarantining is so important for this exact reason. I brought hone 2 rescue hens. I figured put they had lice on day 3 of their quarantine. I would hate to imagine how badly it would get after 3 days and having to treat my entire flock. Especially my super fluffy feathery Cochin...

I used permethrin spray, mixed the concentrate according to the directions, and sprayed it directly on the chickens. I did it again also according to the directions, and then once more because lice are icky. Then I cleaned the heck out of their quarantine area and sprayed everything in there with the permethrin, too. Did the trick. They were lice free within 2 weeks. Super easy. Just time consuming.

Back
Top Bottom