1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How regular?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by too much fun, Jul 31, 2008.

1. too much fun

too much fun Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Happy Valley, Utah
    How regular are young pullets at laying eggs once they start.
    We got our first egg two days ago, nothing yesterday and then one today. The one today is a lighter color of brown and I'm thinking it might be the first egg of one of the other pullets.

2. hwerner

hwerner Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2008
    Independence, KS
    My pullets when first laying will lay an egg one day, then take the next off usually. then after that they lay everyday for 5-8 days and take a day off. The real trick is finding the hiding places throughout the yard.

3. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    The real trick is finding the hiding places throughout the yard.

That is what I am afraid of the everyday Easter egg hunt![​IMG]

4. precipice

precipice Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I was wondering this, too -- we got the first three eggs all in one day from our three young hens, and then nothing for the next two days. I wasn't sure if I should be looking out for any problems (what's it called when an egg gets stuck?). Seemed weird that they all started at once and then all stopped together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by