How should i hardboil my eggs?

epetronella

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 22, 2012
Im getting a lot of eggs now. I am little nervous about boiling the eggs. I don't wash my eggs. Should I wash them before I boil them or they safe just to put in as they are? Thanks

I eat 3 boiled eggs a day before heading to work, I wash them before I boil them though we leave our eggs in the baskets on the kitchen counter unwashed.

Eggs can be hard-boiled without sterilization because the boiling water should kill all pathogens. SO they should be safe to put in as they are. but, if you reuse the same container, you might want to wash the eggs to prevent cross-contamination.

I wash mine before boiling because even if it's sterile, who wants a bit of cooked mud or chicken poop on their eggs? Not me!

But also, you should steam them not boil them unless they are older eggs. They will come out the same texture and peel easier.

Im getting a lot of eggs now. I am little nervous about boiling the eggs. I don't wash my eggs. Should I wash them before I boil them or they safe just to put in as they are? Thanks

It doesn't matter no pathogens will survive at boiling temperature. And since you're taking the shell off doesn't even really matter if its muddy. But I would say spend the two seconds and give him a quick wash

Back
Top Bottom