How should I treat this bumblefoot?

Kessel23

Hi Bug
6 Years
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
My Broad Breasted Bronze turkey hen has bumblefoot. I have treated smaller poultry before but I don't know how I could treat this hen. I can't flip her over or turn her onto her side, as soon as I do she starts struggling to breath. In the past I would do the method where you cut into the bird's foot. Is there any other way to do it? I won't be able to cut into her foot to remove it while keeping her upright the whole time.
54434420_2119477668127903_413900281714049024_n.jpg

I can't do anything right now, I do not have the time. I have a week long spring break starting on Saturday so that's when I am planning to start treating her. I figured I would ask now so that I can get supplies and stuff.

Have you thought about building a poultry chair to elevate her so you can work on it? Just shooting suggestions since I’ve never worked bumble on a turkey before.

Excellent idea!

Yup, a turkey chair!

Now how to do it........:hmm

Maybe 1" pvc pipe, pipe elbows, pipe glue, a pair of pvc pipe cutters.....a big old towel or a folded sheet with leg holes maybe....

Excellent idea!

Yup, a turkey chair!

Now how to do it........:hmm

Maybe 1" off pipe, pipe elbows, pipe glue, a pair of off pipe cutters.....a big old towel or a folded sheet with leg holes maybe....
Or..... the Squatch Watchers baby swing!

Is that you Henny or @Chickassan that does that?

Or..... the Squatch Watchers baby swing!

Is that you Henny or @Chickassan that does that?

It's Chicky! :p

I had hoped I got my post corrected before anyone quoted it. :rolleyes: autocorrect.
Off was typed as P V C. I swear autocorrect wants everyone to think I have been drinking.

Back
Top Bottom