How soon after permethrin treatment can I bathe my dog?

What an awful experience to have at the vet clinic! :hugs

Adding antibiotics to the treatment sounds sensible to me as often the skin is infected by bacteria due to the continuous scratching, and the prednisone will help with the itching..

I hope that your dog will heal soon and at least have some relief until then.

And yes, I would find a new vet as well. What you describe is no way to deal with the patients owners nor is the amount of money they charge reasonable.

Here in Germany at a veterinary practice one injection of Dectomax (Doramectin) would cost about € 20-30, which would sum up to € 60-90 for a full course of treatment. Then add the cost for the culture analysis and the examination, plus antibiotics and prednisone. Charging $1220 seems wildly exaggerated to me.
I’m fine with the antibiotics and prednisone to treat the secondary infections and symptoms that might be contributing, but it was like pulling teeth to get the parasite treatment, a treatment of the exact same stuff they try to force on me every visit they suddenly acted like they were doing me a favor by selling me their over priced option. When I lived in another state that was generally more rural, I drove to and saw a city vet, and he still was much more reasonably priced than I’ve experienced since I moved. If I went to my old vet it would have maybe been like $600 or even less depending on tests ordered, which I still thought was a bit pricey, but he was very good.

I know it sounds kind of lame, but they weren’t even talking nicely to him and telling him he was a good boy as they shaved over open wounds, they didn’t even talk to him at all, they just mocked me and talked about how gross it was when the vet got blood on him. He was such a good boy and doesn’t fight them or growl or bite, he just let them do it.

they weren’t even talking nicely to him and telling him he was a good boy as they shaved over open wounds, they didn’t even talk to him at all, they just mocked me and talked about how gross it was when the vet got blood on him. He was such a good boy and doesn’t fight them or growl or bite, he just let them do it.
Some people would be better fitted in jobs with no patient/people/living being contact at all, the same goes for human doctors as well.
They are so full of themselves, there is no room left for empathy or interest in the matter nor the patients at all.

Massage your dogs ears for me for being such a brave and good boy.

Back
Top Bottom