How soon will she lay after a prolapse?

Naolove

Chirping
Mar 12, 2021
So I dealt with my first prolapse a little over a week ago with my 11 month old jersey giant. I didn't think she would survive it honestly with the way she was acting but she has pulled thru amazingly well. I have her in a slightly dim room since, partially to give her recovery time and partially to keep a hen company that was attacked just a few hours after my jg prolapse. But how long till you think she will start to lay again? She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is eating like a champ. The room is dim but not fully dark and I've been keeping it very warm for the injured girl. Just not sure what to expect with prolapse or what to watch for. I know it will be harder to reintroduce two vs one but I'm not sure what else to do other than keep them in

How often does she lay eggs? Did she lay at all after the prolapse? When hens stop laying temporarily, such as when they are broody, they can start laying again in about 10-14 days in my experience. It depends how dark it is in your room, but most hens need about 12 hours of light per day to lay eggs. To stop them laying, they need several days of darkness for 16 hours each day. Hope this helps.

How often does she lay eggs? Did she lay at all after the prolapse? When hens stop laying temporarily, such as when they are broody, they can start laying again in about 10-14 days in my experience. It depends how dark it is in your room, but most hens need about 12 hours of light per day to lay eggs. To stop them laying, they need several days of darkness for 16 hours each day. Hope this helps.
Nope she hasn't laid since the prolapse. Which I'm guessing is good because it gives her time to heal? Hopefully? Lol idk this is my first issue I've had with this

Back
Top Bottom