How spoiled are your chickens?

I can't compete with that. lol But I can share...
My DH, who gripes when I give the dogs human food, came back in the house from taking out the trash and said, "give me some of that rice we had for dinner. They're following me everywhere." Not only are they spoiled, they have US trained.

Ok.....mine see us walk past the window and sit and wait until we throw out some bird food I keep for the cardinals. They also are getting a cool border in their coop that I bought for a dollar a roll. HOWEVER, I do believe grape peeling is beyond me.

I feed them cheese, fruit, table scraps, anything they want. After their baths (I bathe em for shows) they're allowed to roam the house to dry and even stick around for a while afterwards. They get pumpkin guts every Halloween, pie on xmas, you name it... I've probably given it to them. They're spoiled rotten and they make such a fuss if they don't get their treats!

Hmmm, how spoiled are my chickens?

They get treats everyday...

They have special bedding if I dont change it once a week they will not lay in them.

They will not roost so I provide extra bedding for them to sleep in.

I buy the best namebrand food that surpasses my tight budget...LOL

They make loud noises till I come outside.

They are very Divaish..LOL

Quote:
Is she potty trained?

Does she have bumble foot or are those shoes?

Oh where to begin with her. She did have bumblefoot but took her to the Vet ($90) and treated it. She has had a brush with death from a raccoon, but what keeps her inside is that she is blind in one eye and the other hens and roo peck at her comb so bad that it doesn't heal until we bring her in. Long story short, we just let her stay. I bought a chicken diaper for her but it wasn't comfortable for her so I just clean everytime she poos. Gotta love the Swiffer wet jet!!!

I'm going out to ask Swen, their swedish masseuse and bartender.
tongue.png

Imp impishly

I guess I forgot to add that in addition to their peeled grapes, they get the most nutritious slow cooked oatmeal at least twice a day. They are all getting so big now that we just bring out the whole pot
tongue.png
The get store bought crickets and worms because they have eaten everything in yard. We bring a different one in the house every night to hang out watch tv
smile.png
They roost on the back of the chair and go to sleep. On Thanksgiving I brought them out leftovers, but they didn't like it to much so they refused to eat it
barnie.gif
Here is a picture of Lucifer when he was alive. He came in everynight to sleep in the bathroom because he was a LOUD rooster. My mom was on the phone with the pastor at church one morning and he let out a crow. I am sure he thought we were a little nutty to have a crowing rooster in the house every morning
lol.png

DSCN0637.jpg

My dad didn't enjoy it to much when I put him up there
hmm.png

DSCN0668.jpg

Last edited:
I have spoiled chickens. Their diet consists of two handfuls of grain, a tub of water with veggie and bread. They won't eat the bread unless I rip into little shreds, ditto with the veggies. They are so spoiled with treats that if I just put grain down they follow me round in the hope of some treats!

Back
Top Bottom