How tall did you make your run?

Mine is about 8 feet. I wanted to be able to shovel and fork out stuff without having to worry about hitting the cover, shade cloth, we have lots of hawks, and the afternoon sun hits the run so I needed it for shade. Depends on how your gonna use it as the others stated.

Quote:
Honestly it probably won't even have a door to the outside so I will have to enter and exit through the girls door. Which is what I have always done.

My runs are all 6 foot. I'm 5'7" and the wife is 5'2" so we can go in and clean up or play with the chickens without banging our heads. The fence I used is 6 foot high so it worked out good.

Your run can be any height you want it to be as long as it's tall enough for your chickens to manuever through. However, ask anyone, shorter coops are much more inconvenient for cleaning, maintaining, clearing snow from, etc. Also, I would strongly suggest to have a door of some kind leading into the run without having to go through the coop.

Quote:
Is there any specific reason? I have to go into the coop daily anyways to ensure they have food and water and to check on my rabbit.

It's your coop
smile.png
but I can enter my coop from the run and I have an entrance door in the run. My chickens spend more time outside and I like watching them. It's so much easier to clean the coop and run if you can walk in and out. I'm putting another run on the other side of the coop and it will also be at least 7 ft. I am putting a larger door in so I can drive my lawn tractor and wagon in to unload feed, and remove liter etc. It's just so much more convienent when it's taller
ya.gif

Ease of use but until you do it you won't realize how valuable that is. You can make it whatever you want...the chickens will be fine. Then when you get tired of it you can add to it...however we speak from experience....it is easier to make it tall enough to start with.
sharon

Mine is 6 ft tall. My husband is 6'4" and I am 5'5" but I do most of the cleaning so we figured 6' is good. I don't have to bend over to walk around in there and it makes it easy to rake out when I need to.
smile.png

5ft, but I wish it was one foot taller. Dh built it by the tallness of the welded wire roll. His intentions were 4ft, which would not be tall enough. They fly to the top.

Back
Top Bottom