How tall do white pekins get?

Saramcnelly

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 26, 2012
Arizona
I can't find any info on the web about average height. Weight is easily found. I have one pekin named Priscilla and she is getting so big already!

I know it seems that they are going to be giant because they grow so fast. I swear you can almost see them grow! Pekins get fairly large, as compared to some of the other breeds..Frank is right..don't worry, she won't be some freakishly tall duck..and if she is..send pictures!! lol

Well I don't know the sex yet, I'm hoping for eggs though. :) I'm waiting until she gets bigger to introduce her to my Rhode Island reds. But she is growing so fast that she doesn't fit in the little home I made for her. It's looking like she will be full grown before she is ready to eat the lay crumble the chickens eat, so I can't put her in the coop. I suppose she will need a different home for a while

I sympathise with your dilemma! I have 10 white Pekin and 10 buff ducks that are all only 6 weeks old and already as heavy as my 4 month old Production Red chickens. I didn't realize how fast they grew so I'm already scrambling to finish their duck coop and run since they've entirely outgrown the huge brooder I had them in. They're all such sweet and curious things though. I absolutely adore them and have no idea how I'm going to bring myself to process out 4 of each of them for meat like we'd originally planned. Such unique and interesting creatures!

I sympathise with your dilemma! I have 10 white Pekin and 10 buff ducks that are all only 6 weeks old and already as heavy as my 4 month old Production Red chickens. I didn't realize how fast they grew so I'm already scrambling to finish their duck coop and run since they've entirely outgrown the huge brooder I had them in. They're all such sweet and curious things though. I absolutely adore them and have no idea how I'm going to bring myself to process out 4 of each of them for meat like we'd originally planned. Such unique and interesting creatures!

Welcome to BYC! @BrickHouseFarm

This thread is over seven years old so you're likely not going to get any response from the posters here.

Back
Top Bottom