What should I do with a lone duck?

cueduckv

Hatching
Mar 23, 2024
I had a pair of two female Pekin Ducks but recently one of them sadly passed away. What is the best thing to do in this situation? Should I adopt another adult or get a duckling for her? Or should I not introduce another duck for a while, but how long is too long? How long can she be alone for even when I’m trying to spend all my time with her?

So sorry for your loss. :hugs Do you know what the cause of death was? How old is your remaining duck?
Seeing as ducks are flock animals, she'll defiantly need another companion. You could get some ducklings (almost everywhere requires you to get at least 2), and you could raise them within her sight and introduce them together when they're older. Or you could try and find another adult duck or two. Either way I'd try and find you girl some friends as soon as you can. I do recommend getting at least two more ducks, so you (hopefully) aren't caught in this situation again.

So sorry for your loss. :hugs Do you know what the cause of death was? How old is your remaining duck?
Seeing as ducks are flock animals, she'll defiantly need another companion. You could get some ducklings (almost everywhere requires you to get at least 2), and you could raise them within her sight and introduce them together when they're older. Or you could try and find another adult duck or two. Either way I'd try and find you girl some friends as soon as you can. I do recommend getting at least two more ducks, so you (hopefully) aren't caught in this situation again.
Thank you for the advice. I don’t know exactly what the cause of death was , since she was showing symptoms that all pointed to different things and it was very quickly progressing.

Best to find a similar age duck to buy….i had same situation with a goose…it took a while but I found someone selling a female Toulouse goose (for meat!) he charged me $200 for the goose, but not only did she make a good new companion for my goose, but I saved her from the table. She was definitely traumatized and didn’t really calm down for about 5 months, but now after two years very happy geese

Back
Top Bottom