Pekin Duck

MadisonT2005

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2024
I have two males and one female pekin ducks. The males recently started hurting her to the point I brought the female inside and have kept her in a 125 gallon metal tub. it’s been about two weeks now and she is almost fully healed but I don’t know if I should take her back out with the males so she doesn’t get depressed being alone but I also don’t want them to continuing hurting her.

hi and welcome/ the ratio for drakes to duck-hens is 1 to 5 so you would need 9 more hens
please dont put her back with 2 drakes
rehome or cook one of the drakes and get a few more hens

If you can do that it's fine many use Drake jail during the worst part of the breeding season but I would try and find more females for your only girls to have friends.
I have 2 young runner drakes and to try and keep the ratio balanced I got 6 new females which gives me 16 females for my 3 Runner drakes. Today they got separated so the 2 young drakes are now with 8 females and my older drake is with my original Runner females if this begins to be a problem then my two young drakes will be spending time in Drake jail. We have to do what we can to protect our females and keep peace in the flock.

If you can do that it's fine many use Drake jail during the worst part of the breeding season but I would try and find more females for your only girls to have friends.
I have 2 young runner drakes and to try and keep the ratio balanced I got 6 new females which gives me 16 females for my 3 Runner drakes. Today they got separated so the 2 young drakes are now with 8 females and my older drake is with my original Runner females if this begins to be a problem then my two young drakes will be spending time in Drake jail. We have to do what we can to protect our females and keep peace in the flock.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom