How to advertise eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bjharmon16, Sep 21, 2015.

1. bjharmon16

bjharmon16 New Egg

Nov 11, 2014
    Hi all,
    I am new here. I sell some eggs, and am wondering how best to advertise them. I have a coop that I move around with a poultry electric netting around it. I feed the chickens just the Layer from Tractor Suppy.

Another question I had was, I have some young chickens that are about 27 weeks old and haven't started laying. Could there be a possibilty that something is wrong with them? They are a Red Link Sex that I got from Tractor Supply.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! You could post your eggs here on the buy sell trade section. You have to have 20 posts before you can do this though. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Are your 27 week olds on layers pellets now? Do they all look healthy? Are they acting normal? Can you be totally sure of their age? Some do take a while to start laying with many factors playing their parts. You might also like to drop by the egg laying section ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/18/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Are you selling fresh eggs for eating or fertile eggs for hatching?

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

The obvious easy way to advertise is word of mouth to co-workers, family, friends and neighbors... I'm able to unload almost all my extra eggs by word of mouth alone, you just need to bring up that fact you sometimes have extra fresh eggs and people will generally come...

Next would be a sign at the end of your driveway or an add on Craigslist or similar local advertising site...

If you are selling for hatching try Craigslist or similar, but don't expect much demand unless you have rare breeds...

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think a sign in from of your house or driveway would be good. Some folks use the honor system and put eggs out in a cooler with the price and a container for the money.

You could try that and if it works out continue. If you get some egg snatching free loaders, you could move things up near your house where someone can watch them.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    you could also try giving you neighbors a few eggs each to taste and telling them you sell eggs for ??? per dozen. If they want to buy directly from you, you can give up the sign by road stuff., to deal with folks you know and trust.

9. bjharmon16

bjharmon16 New Egg

Nov 11, 2014
    Thank you all! The chickens are starting to lay! I will probably put a sign at the bottom of our drive, although we have a long, steep drive and I am not sure many will see it. I might try craigslist as well. I have been selling to friends from my church and am expanding my flock. I am selling them for eating.

10. steven29128

steven29128 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    South Carolina USA
    Sale and trade here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade
    Weather and seasons along with other things can play a key row in egg laying. Give them time they will lay.
    Welcome to BYC ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by