HOW TO attach nest box?

dlfridie

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
How do you attach a nest box to the outside of a small coop?
I did the Search, and I can't find instructions.

It really depends on what you are after. Typically attaching a nest box on the outside is done to make egg collecting easier. If your coop did not come already equipted with one you souls have to cut a whole in the side of your coop. You need to pkce it somewhere so that the 2x4's that support the box can be nailed or screwed firmly to the upright studs in the walls. If you don't think you want to cut a whole in your coop try putting a plastic bin or something of the like in a dark corner and add bedding. Voilà

Yes, I want to attach it to the outside of the coop I'm trying to enlarge today.
What I need to see are pics of how to do the support in the framework and how it attaches to it.

you don't need many boxes at the most 2 I have 6 boxes for 15 hens they layin 2 boxes here is some pics but find a friend that is a carpender it will help more than me. pura vida Matoe
25341_dsc01362.jpg

Last edited:
Are you making your nest boxes or buying them ? If you are makinfg them add a 2x2 around the outer edge and screw it to you opening make sure to caulk around it to .

Back
Top Bottom