how to breed a buff laced and barred buff cochin

buff laced cochin,

you will need Gold Laced Cochin and a compatible source of Dominant White, mate them together and then mate the F1 progeny together. Select the Buff Laced & back mate to Gold Laced Cochin & repeat until you have required colour & type;
and barred buff cochin

, you will need Buff Cochin & Cuckoo or Barred Cochin. Mate a Buff male to a Cuckoo/Barred hen, retain a resulting Cuckoo cockerel & mate him to Buff hens. From this mating retain the buff birds showing barring & mate them together. Continue mating the best Barred Buffs together.
David​

wow thanx AND I HAVE ALL THE COLORS NEEDED
big_smile.png

Quote:
I know this is an old thread but I am curious about this particular topic.
What would be a compatible source of dominant white? I know that the light brahmas are white but they also have the colombian pattern which I wouldn't want in a buff laced chicken. Would a buff chicken contain dominant white? I wonder this because the dominant white blocks black pigment from getting into the feathers but not red/gold so it seems to me like a buff chicken could have dominant white. Otherwise, according to wikipedia, I'd have to use a white leghorn, white rock, RI White to breed for buff lacing in cochins. Please let me know, and any general advice is appreciated too!!

Back
Top Bottom