Bubblesunrise

Chirping
Apr 19, 2022
Eastern Washington
Hello!
I am in need of a coop. I only have a budget of about $600 and I need advice!! My situation here is, I have 6 hens (1 silkie, 2 lavender orpingtons, 1 sapphire gem, 1 mottled Houdan, and 1 Easter egger)

They are currently in a coop way too small for them and I need a new one! I’ve read about building vs buying and am having trouble finding a used or new coop online.

But the issue for me is, I have severe ADHD and have no carpentry experience. My dad could help me but he also has ADHD and we can get lost and confused with big projects that don’t take a day.

If I can build a coop it’d be awesome but, can anyone help me figure out a way to put it all together easily enough to get it done in a few hours?

would this be too much to take on?
Should I just buy a coop?

Can you post a picture of your current coop? Sometimes expanding a current coop is the best option.
Yes! I’m struggling with my yard rn so please excuse the disarray. I’ve added a photo of the coop that it looks most like too.
AD9542DB-8549-4F3A-952B-D072622A6584.jpeg

Attachments

• 411926FB-F00B-4D30-B7F7-9B25940FB7C9.jpeg
    411926FB-F00B-4D30-B7F7-9B25940FB7C9.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 5
Look for a used shed.
Talk to shed sellers and see if they have or might be able to get used sheds that they remove from properties in order to place a new one that a customer purchases.
Converting a shed is a lot easier than building from the ground up.
I’ll keep an eye out. Currently no one on Facebook has one within my budget, but I probably need to be more patient lol

I have put out an ISO, our Craigslist is EMPTY. But the hoop coop is definitely an idea, my biggest worry would be winterizing it! We can get pretty dang cold here (-18 was the lowest we got this winter so far)

Back
Top Bottom